It’s Your Brand. And It Has Purpose.
At Engage Marketing we work with companies needing to define or further define their brand, their purpose, and ultimately why they exist. This includes outlining the company’s foundational elements, clarifying cultural expectations, and developing the brand voice for both internal and external messaging. All of this comes together in the format of a Brand Platform and strategic Marketing Plan developed to achieve the company’s long and short-term goals. And, it’s meant to be used.
When your growing and things are chaotic, rely on it, don’t abandon it.
When challenged with a conflict or tough decision, reference it, don’t ignore it.
Through thick and thin, be your brand’s adversary, not its enemy.
Your brand is your company DNA and what you do with it will make or break the strength of its purpose, the value of its differentiation and elevate the commitment of its brand advocates.
Don’t just put it on a shelf, put it to work. You’ve defined your brand, outlined internal expectations and established your marketing strategy – now share it!
- Provide copies to your employees. Your employees are an extension of your brand and need to understand what is expected of them, why the company exists and its plans for the future.
- Share the messaging publicly. Existing and potential clients, partners and media outlets need to know what makes you different and how you stand out in the competitive set.
- Own it.Whether it’s in an interview, blog, social media outreach, or day-to-day dealings, use your brand voice with the confidence and conviction of the expert you are.
As you grow, it grows. All things change or adjust as they grow and diversify. So should your Brand Platform and Marketing Strategy.
- It’s a living document, And as your business grows, staffing increases and responsibilities change, there may be a need to reevaluate certain functional or procedural aspects of your brand.
- Diversification is not departure. Growth often opens new doors and avenues. When those opportunities arise, evaluate how and if, they fold into your existing brand position and goal. New isn’t always timely.
Assess your asset. Evaluate the progress toward your goals, both long and short term, on an annual basis as well as when milestones are achieved.
- Go the road. Your brand strategy is a road map to reaching your goals. Don’t be afraid of the path, you designed it, did you follow it?
- Celebrate the wins. Reaching your goals should be celebrated but also evaluated. How they were achieved? Can it be done better next time?
- Evaluate the misses. The same must be done with the goals that fall short. Many great lessons can be learned from loses and positively influence changes.
At the end of the day – it is your brand. Create it. Know it. Share it. Grow it.
And most of all – Be Proud Of It.